Sunday, July 15, 2007

State of the Flood Report

A quick update for my two readers. (I sure wish lurkers would reveal themselves!) I am packing up the apartment and am scheduled to move to a new haven on August 31. Pray that I find the perfect place, within my spending plan, and with wonderful management!

I would like to find my orderly mind during this transition. I have lived in anticipation of plans I had for my life for so long, that I need to fall into the plans God has for me. Does anyone identify with that? God is so much smarter about my life than I am - and it's HIGH TIME I let him take total control.

My computer's power source drowned in the mini-flood and I am awaiting (with eager anticipation) for the insurance check to begin replacing the essential of my life. I am using my precious daughter's computer. Speaking of precious daughter, she is doing my laundry. How wonderful (and loving) is that! I may not get a new washer and dryer (just kidding, daugher!). Do you think the purchase of an iron is essential? I'm giving that come thought, since before the mini-flood it was rarely used and now I seem to need it a lot! What's up with that?

God is good through all our struggles. I will post more the next time my daugher and son-in-love leave home. That's when I slip in and use the computer (with their blessings, of course.)

Wonder what I can find to eat.......

6 comments:

Wade said...

Hey Melynda!

I'm not a lurker since I have commented before - but I'll comment to asure you that you have more than just 2 readers!

As for relating to your comments of your own plans vs. God's plans - oh, yeah!

I'm reading Facing Your Giants by Lucado and I've realized that I've taken it one step further by not even taking my own plans to God.

It's bad enough that I dont seek out His plans - it even worse when I don't ask for help with my own plans!

Good reminder though!

Happy moving!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Uh you must have been writing this while doing laundry at my house this week while I was out of town.

I came home today and had to pound on the door for over an hour b/c Jeff had double bolted the door. I borrowed your bathroom in between the knocks... oh and the team borrowed the bathroom too since I encouraged everyone to grab a drink before we stop but to limit the potty breaks.

We had fun, good bonding time for my little team of four. Boss lady asked me to drive her car, I said "no way!" It was new, very nice and just knew I would wreck it! Tell you more later.

God is good, He is faithful, Keep moving forward.

daughteroftheking said...

I would say a Good iron is an essential! We don't use it all the time but when we need it it's good to have one that actually works! I know God has the perfect place waiting for you, but like you and I both know His timing is not always our timing darn it!(I don't know how to spell that! Is there a space or not?) Oh well

Pearson Family said...

Moving? Crazy. VBS is over...and I WANT to have your Cagle get together thingy. IRON~ essential. Hang in there during this transitioon time.

Julie said...

Melynda!!
Hey there! So glad to have found each other...Sorry to hear about the flood...That stinks. Good that you have such a WONDERFUL daughter around. I'll be praying for you. Love always...
Julie

Julie said...

P.S. Tell Susan I'm trying to send her a comment and can't find her blog. I'm so new to all this. Ask her if she'll post her blog on my site! Thanks!!

Julie