Thursday, June 21, 2007

Lessons from the flood


God is so amazing! The application stories keep on flooding in (pun intended). Since the flood of June 10, I have realized God really is in the details. I have been living for the last week in a little one room suite, like a dorm room, only without roommates. Susan calls it the "homeless suite" and I've come to know it at the "waiting room."

I'm getting ahead of my story. When I last posted, here is what my haven looked like:










(That's my TV face down on the princess chair!)


Once I dried off (very different from drying out - LOL), I took some of my belongings, spent a few nights with my darling daughter, moved to the waiting place, called the insurance company, called a lawyer (that's another post), and settled in to wait for the drying and decisions to take place.


Here is what my calendar had on it for June 18. (Thank you, Roy Lessin.) "We never have to worry about beating God to a situation in our lives. We will never be the first one to arrive on the scene. We will never need to dial a heavenly 911 to inform God about what has happened. We won't ever have to wait for Him to show up and bring help. He is always ahead of us...He always goes before us...He always prepares the way."


Stay tuned, blog fans. (aka known as the faithful three) I am still waiting - God knew the insurance adjuster couldn't schedule me until June 25. I am still realizing the wonderful possibilities. I am looking for a new apartment. And I am almost content in the suite I am in. One more picture, with humor:

Could this be a sign?


3 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

I do believe God has great things in store, the first is getting you organized! That picture was prophectic in my opinion.

Hang in there! Your contanance is a lesson to us all!

Pearson Family said...

WOW! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

People should read this.