Saturday, May 19, 2007

Where Does All The Time Go?

It's been a while since I posted anything on my blog! It would seem that a single, empty-nester, interesting chick would have something to write about - and time to do it! NOT! Trust me, youngsters, there is life after child-raising - only child-raising really NEVER totally goes away.

That's one of the things that thrills my soul - a phone call from one of my adult children who say, "Mom, I need some advice, direction, input, etc." Do you know how precious that is to me? Me, the Mom who fell down many, many times (but always got back up!) being a Mom whose children call me blessed, wise, loving, crazy, funny, and many other things that as of yet, they haven't said to my face (chuckle!). Trust me, I still disappoint them. And through all the successes and failures, they love me. That is the true reward of motherhood. Looking up into the eyes of my children and knowing - they will never outgrow my heart! That bond that begins when a mother co-creates with God to knit those babies inside her own body, is never broken. There are time when they are strained, there are times when they get a little frazzled and worn, there is never a time when they are severed. Yes, we cut the strings - we give them wings to take flight. And we cheer when they succeed, we pray when they struggle, we cry when they hurt, we are fearful when they take on new responsibilities, we worry if they are resting enough, eating their veggies, and so on. As witnessed in the life of my precious grandmother, Mom, a mother never, ever gives up on her children. No matter how old they get!
  • Moms of young children - keep the faith.
  • Moms of teenagers - keep the faith.
  • Moms of young adults - keep the faith.
God will continue the work that he began in their lives and bring it to full completion at the throne of grace.

There is no great joy than knowing my children walk with the Lord. May you know that same joy!

2 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

love you mom!

Kimmy said...

I'm SO glad you stopped by my blog... first of all - I LOVE your daughter. And I feel like I know you because of all the wonderful things "blessed assurances" has to say about you. You must be SO proud... I'll certainly be back to read your pearls of wisdom. Much Love, Kim